A Yankee's Musing

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

This isn't easy.

This isn't as easy as it looks, creating this blog. I am on my third try. The Taurus part of me took over. Even though I accidentally started this process, it was half-hearted at best. But now...well, by God, I'm going to get this sucker no matter how long it takes.

You see, I am an fan of The Empire of Dirt blog. Well, truth be told, I know the Emperor and he is a good friend. Sometimes I vehemently disagree with his postings. Other times I chuckle in recognition---yeah, good point, my intellectual friend. Always I admire his thoroughness in research, passion in his entres, and stick-to-it-ness as he discovers the many facets of who he is as he writes. He's a poet. And he's a real thinker. He's a good person who really doesn't fit in one of humanities many narrow-minded categories. That's what I love about him. So I confronted him, although reluctantly I admit, that one of his latest postings was mostly a ranting. What I meant was, it was beneath him and smacked of him exhibiting the very behaviors he was ranting against. He responded---very openly, very bravely, and showed more of who he is by thinking out a response. I feel blessed to have this friend. His readers should be more selective in their responses to him. He is more than what he seems. Aren't we all? That may be what's intrinsicly important about having a blog and reading others. Discovery of what we might have to say, and moreover, what we may not be saying aloud.

So hello folks. Here it is. My blog. The only expectations I offer myself and you are: I will be honest; I will speak to what I feel at this moment in time; I more than likely will change, rearrange, and maybe even refine what I say as more moments pass, as well as, I hope, response come; I will not be academic or get into any language usage that contains more than three syllables; and I just may be interesting if I let myself go on the page here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home