A Yankee's Musing

Thursday, June 19, 2008

still counting

50 degree drop and still counting
from not sleeping to a three blanket night
good to be here
to be
here
whole
pieces mended with super glue
better
hand pumping water to drink
to bathe
outhouse
woodstove
infinite number of necessary physical chores
upkeep
survival
four generations ownership
many more generations
sharing the land with other creatures
four footed not two
before the ships came
the betrayal
intermingling of blood
stain
care taking
a concept long neglected
they say go green
fad speaking
level is way below what is necessary
can’t let go of the toys
infatuation with things
feel the earth
its angry weeping
winds
floods
quakes
fires
“I’ve known fire and I’ve known rain”
roots
I cover them with rotten rock
so I won’t trip
don’t seem to lift my feet the way I used to
barefoot on pine needles
50 degree drop and counting
might be a frost
anytime
soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home