A Yankee's Musing

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

silence

I apologize for the silence on this blog lately. I have been involved in a new genre of writing, at least new to me---playwriting. It consumes my every waking moment that I let it. I wake up at night with a line change, sometimes even a word change. I took this course because 1) I respect Jessica Hagedorn as a writer and as a teacher so I felt it was a unique opportunity to learn something new; and 2) I have been writing non-fiction almost exclusively since I got cancer four years ago. I have missed the excitement of creating something new---not just straying from "the truth," but taking leaps into unknown territory. I have given myself a gift, I think, in taking this course. I now believe I may take it again in the spring, part II. Oh my, I haven't felt so excited since I fell in love with kayaking. Something very alive with these two activities: kayaking and playwriting. Hmmmm....sounds like a poem might reveal itself soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home