A Yankee's Musing

Friday, June 29, 2012

Thoughts

Thoughts


It’s the trek outside in the rain or cold to the outhouse, or the pump for water, or the woodshed for another armful of split hard wood for the stove. It’s the cold pine floorboards on my bare feet in the morning and the ravens screeching for food, the chipmunks eyeing the back screen door expectantly while I get the cats fed first. It’s the harsh simplicity of life that burrows into my soul and reminds me there is nothing so important in life that exists beyond the bare essentials: food, shelter, water, love. Each moment unadorned is the difference between analog and digital H-D. I drink in the nourishing silence and wonder why it is not a priority out there, beyond the trees, where the road turns to cement and noise covers the chaos of life muted.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home