A Yankee's Musing

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Taste of What Is To Come

The ravens watched from the tall white pines
nesting spot protected by our little community
of wild creatures and creatures not so wild anymore
fiddlehead days of painted trilliums and mayflowers
feasting on the uncommon warmth and plentiful rains
the baby moose are everywhere
big year for them apparently
and their big heads and scrawny everything else
are not old enough to have fear
one checks out my stopped car windshield with
his nose and I told him in no way do I resemble
his mama so move away before she intervenes
a tornado touched down
slammed my front door open
hinges broken house soaked by cyclonic rain
and hail driven winds that took some trees
and destroyed a neighbors remodeled house
nature at its best
or worse
and it is good to take off my shoes
put away my watch
and simply live.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A tornado? I can see the spirals of wind sweeping down. A momentary pause, am I OK? The trees lay down and then just as suddenly, rise again. Yes, I am OK.
    Miss you, Love, Pam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home